Saturday, April 30, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 30 Apr 2022


Who Told You

And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? (Genesis 3:9-11)

 

Today’s Morsel: Sometimes people will come up to me and will say to me, “Brother Parker, is it true that….” And I will say to them, “Who told you?” God wanted to know from Adam who had told him that he was naked. God knew that He had not told Adam that he was naked, so who told him that he was? Sometimes, if we are not careful, when we make mistakes, we can just think that God cannot nor will he use us because of them. But if God didn’t tell you that He would not use you, then don’t believe the voice that you hear saying that He won’t. The mistakes that you may have made and that God has delivered you from just might be the testimony that someone else needs to hear to lead them to Christ. God wants you to be naked (open and honest) before Him.  We need to listen to what He is saying to us.  

 

Sing: Amazing Grace, shall always be my song of praise, for it was grace that brought my liberty.  I do not know, just why He came to love me so, He looked beyond my faults and saw my need.

I shall forever lift my eyes to Calvary, to view the cross where Jesus died for me; how marvelous the grace that caught my falling soul; He looked beyond my faults and saw my need.

 

Thought For Today: “Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” (Luke 12:32)

No comments:

Post a Comment