Monday, April 18, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 18 April 2022

 How Long Lord?

“How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?” (Psalms 13:1-2)

 

Today’s Morsel: If you ever notice, when you need a repairman or plumber come to your home to do a repair, their first question after greeting you is, how long have you had the problem? Some of you reading this may have been told by pastors, evangelists, prophets, and someone else that God said your condition would be taken care of. But you are still wondering why it’s taking so long. Abraham and Sarah felt the same way. They knew within themselves that at the ages of 90 and 100 years old, there was not going to be a baby coming. But as Paul would write, “But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.(1 Corinthians 1:27-29) They had a son at that age. Maybe you feel as though God has forgotten you. Maybe you feel as though you have done something so God is no longer concerned about your situation and circumstance. Remember, God doesn’t work on our timeline but His own. He knows what is best and when it is best. So, Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: (Hebrews 10:35-38)  Patience is a virtue you know.

 

Sing: I am determined to hold out to the end, Jesus is with me on Him I can depend.  For I know I have salvation for I feel it in my soul.  I am determined to hold out to the end.

 

Thought For Today: “In your patience possess ye your souls.” (Luke 21:19)

1 comment:

  1. As a former military man also I am familiar with hurry up and wait. I admit this is the most discouraging thing in my walk with God. Some situations/trials seem to fall into the hopeless category. BUT thankfully like you mentioned he will show up on his perfect time-line. Thx for this word... so I can't glory.

    ReplyDelete