Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 6 April 2022

Worship Now


Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?(Psalms 6:4-5)

 

Today’s Morsel: For born-again believers, one of the fundamental rights that has been afforded to us is the right to worship and praise the one true God. Every day we should be excited that we have another opportunity to give God praise and thanks. The psalmist lets us know that there is no praising God in the grave. I hear people saying, 'I can’t wait to get to heaven to dance on those streets of gold.' Well let me ask you a question, are you dancing down here in church? Are you worshipping and praising Him now?  If not, you are missing out on your privilege. Moses admonishes us, “For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.  The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath. So, teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” (Psalms 90:9-12)  I like to say, teach us to number our days that we may worship and praise Thee now because there is no praising Thee in the grave.  If God has been good to you, you ought to praise Him.

 

Sing:  I’m gonna praise the Lord any way that I can. I’m gonna praise the Lord any way that I can. I’m gonna praise Him in the morning, praise Him all day long, I’m gonna praise the Lord any way that I can.

 

Thought For Today: Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment