Saturday, April 2, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 April 2022

 When The Pressure Is On

It came to pass after this also, that the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them other beside the Ammonites, came against Jehoshaphat to battle. Then there came some that told Jehoshaphat, saying, There cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria; and, behold, they be in Hazazontamar, which is Engedi. And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.(2 Chronicles 20:1-3)

Today’s Morsel:  I’m sure that most people at one time or another face a dire situation in their life. If you haven’t, hang in there and one will come.  What do you do when the pressure of life is on, and life seems too hard for you to bear? Where do you turn to when no one wants to listen to what you are going through or what you may be facing? Someone said, “Just when I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another training coming with more problems.”  Life can sometimes be trying. King Jehoshaphat found the pressure of war mounting against him and he knew that he did not have the manpower nor the resources to defeat such a force.  And so he went to God.  He said, "O LORD God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee? Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever? And they dwelt therein, and have built thee a sanctuary therein for thy name, saying, If, when evil cometh upon us, as the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name is in this house,) and cry unto thee in our affliction, then thou wilt hear and help." (2 Chronicles 20:6-9)  Let me encourage you today when the pressure of life is on if you have been faithful and obedient to God, all you have to do is just come boldly to the throne of grace and remind Him of what He said in his word and you will find grace to help in the time of need.

Sing: Where do I go, when no one wants to listen? Who do I run to, when the storm of life is raging? Who do I lean on, when there’s no foundation stable? I go to the Rock, I know He’s able, I go to the Rock.

I go to the Rock of my salvation, I go to the stone that the builders rejected.  I run to the mountain and the mountain stands by me.  When the earth all around me is sinking sand, on Christ the solid Rock I stand.  When I need a shelter, when I need a friend, I go to the Rock. 


Thought For Today: Take your burdens to Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment