Saturday, April 23, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 23 April 2022

 Walking Through The Valley

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
  
(Psalms 23:4)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the most dreaded places during the Vietnam War was a place called the ‘A Shau Valley.’  It was a key infiltration route for the North Vietnamese forces. Many men paid the ultimate sacrifice there. The thing about a valley is there are usually high grounds on all four sides around you making it easier for your enemy to pen you in and defeat you. David said, however, that even in the valley of the shadow of death, he would fear no evil because God was with him. Maybe you are feeling as though you are in a valley right now and your enemy is all around you and trying to pen you in so he can defeat you. Let me encourage you, fear not. There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.(Psalms 91:10-11)  If He was with David in his valley, He will be with you in yours.

 

Sing: I am covered, covered, covered, by His blood; walking by faith, living in love.  I am covered, covered, covered by His blood, Jesus has rescued me.

 

Thought For Today: For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.” (Psalm 91:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment