Friday, April 29, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 April 2022

 Disobedience

“And an angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you. And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this? Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you. And it came to pass, when the angel of the LORD spake these words unto all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voice, and wept.” (Judges 2:1-4)

 

 Today’s Morsel: From the time that God delivered Israel from bondage, they seem to have a very hard time listening and obeying what He tells them to do. You would think that a people who had the God of all creation as their God, saw Him deliver them from the hands of their enemies, provide for them all things they had need of, would cling to Him and obey Him. The theme of obedience runs throughout the scriptures. But for some unknown reasons, like so many today, the children of Israel hear but they just will not obey. Samuel to Saul, “Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.(1 Samuel 15:22-23) Are people the cause of their own problems? 99.9% of them are. Just think how much pain and heartache one could avoid if they would heed the Word of God. If folks keep leaning unto their own understanding and not listening to God’s word, He’s going to let them have their own way.  Just ask Israel.

 

Sing: For above all else, I must be saved, for above all else, I must be saved.  Lord, whatever You have to do to me, don’t let me be lost for eternity; for above all else, I must be saved.

 

Thought For Today: Obedience is better than sacrifice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment