Friday, April 8, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 April 2022

 What Is Man?

“When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?” (Psalms 8:3-4)

Today’s Morsel:  When we look at the splendor of God’s creation and all its beauty, we too can consider what is it about man that God would take notice of or become mindful of him. What is there in man that entitles him to so much notice? Why has God conferred on him so significant honor? Why has He placed him over the works of His hands? Why has he made so many arrangements for our comfort? Why has He done so much to save us? We are so insignificant since we are like a vapor, as we so soon disappear. Man is so sinful, evil, and polluted, that the question may well be asked, why such honor has been conferred on him, and why such dominion over the world has been given to him? What is it about us that God was so willing to sacrifice His only begotten son that we might have eternal life? What was it about us humans that God would robe Himself in the same flesh, take on the form of a servant, and allow Himself to be beaten, bruised, and rejected for us?  I believe the answer lies in these scriptures: “The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers... Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.(Deuteronomy 7:7-10) Don’t ever forget that God loves you and that He is faithful to what He says.

 Sing: Who am I that You are mindful of me, that You hear me when I call? Is it true that You are thinking of me? How You love me, it’s amazing.

I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God, He calls me friend.

Thought For Today: Be the man that God created you to be. Like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment