Thursday, April 21, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Manna - 21 April 2022

 Tribulation In The World

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.(John 16:33)

 

Today’s Morsel: Every so often, I like to go back and refresh my mind to ensure that I heard the word of God correctly as sometimes we can repeat things that we hear in the church and do not check to see if those things are so.  Scripture says in Acts 17:10-11 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.What’s my point? I have heard it time and time again that in this life you shall have tribulations. But that isn’t what scripture says. Scripture says, in the world ye shall have tribulation. John says that we must not love the world: Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.(1 John 2:15-16)  So, I guess if you are in the world, living like the world, and being a part of the world, and not committed to Jesus and His church you can expect to have tribulation. Jesus said that he had overcome the world. And because He is an overcomer of the world, we should be too. Are you committed to the church?   

Sing: Every hour of the day, keep me, dear Lord I pray, let me walk in the gospel light.  Let me hold fast to Him, so my way won’t grow dim.  Let me walk in the gospel light.

Let me walk in the light, in the great gospel light; let me walk in the gospel light.  Till my journey is over and travel no more.  Let me walk in the gospel light.

Thought For Today:And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.(Romans 12:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment