Friday, April 1, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 April 2022

 Waiting On The Lord


Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” (Psalms 27:14)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the main reasons that people have a hard time with waiting on God is they stop serving. What do I mean? Well, the root word for waiter and waitress is the word wait. These two positions require you to wait on or serve others. When we are serving and doing the will of God, it takes our minds off what we are waiting for and helps us to stay focused and not lose heart. David tells us to wait upon the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart. In other words, give God time to come through for you, and you will be stronger in the faith than you were before. But if you take matters into your own hands and lean to your own understanding your faith won’t grow.

Sing:  I lean on You Lord, I lean on You Lord, for the things that I need I lean on You. When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going to see me through.  You supply my every need and I lean on You.

Thought For Today: Don’t stop serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment