Saturday, April 16, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 April 2022

 He Is Risen


Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.(John 2:18-22)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Jesus had taught and told His disciples and others about the resurrection, but they did not have an understanding as to what He meant. Most people know that once a person dies and is placed in a tomb, there is no rising again in this flesh. When Jesus appeared unto His disciples, and to Thomas who had doubted his resurrection, He said, Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.(John 20:27-29) Jesus said to Thomas, because you have seen me, you believe that I have risen. But those who believe that I have risen and have yet to see me are also going to be blessed. We must walk by faith and not by sight. If we do not believe in the resurrection of Christ, we are going to be of all men most miserable.

 

Sing: I serve a risen Savior, He’s in the world today; I know that He is living no matter what men say.  I feel His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer, and just the time I need Him, He’s always near.

He lives.  He lives.  Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way. He lives.  He lives.  Salvation to impart! You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.

 

Thought For Today: God’s not dead, He is alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment