Saturday, April 9, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 9 April 2022

 The Choice Is Yours

“The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” (Psalms 9:17)

Today’s Morsel:  Lately I have been hearing more televangelists, pastors, and church leaders, speaking on the soon coming/returning of the Lord.  Even though none of us know the day nor the hour, we know that according to His word, Jesus is coming back. And none of us will be free from not having to appear before God. As Paul wrote to the church at Corinth, that we labor whether present or absent that we may be accepted by God, as we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that everyone may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men (2 Corinthians 5:9-11). Heaven and hell are both real, and Jesus gave examples and stories of them both in His word so that we would be aware and prepare ourselves. Even Moses told the children of Israel, But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them; I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live” (Deuteronomy 30:17-19) This is one choice that only you can choose. No one else can decide for you.  You must work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Sing: For me, for me, for me, there’s a mansion there for me, in glory land so bright and fair, where the victor's crown, I soon shall wear.  Come and go with me, for I won’t be back you see.  If anybody’s gonna be happy over there it’s me, me, me, me.

Thought For Today: “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” (James 1:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment