Thursday, April 28, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 28 April 2022

 Uprightness

Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved: but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once.(Proverbs 28:18)

 

Today’s Morsel: What comes to your mind when you think of uprightness? Uprightness is conduct that conforms to an accepted standard of right and wrong. It’s the quality of being honest, responsible, and moral. God has set a standard whereby we all must be saved and that is uprightness.  Solomon states that whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved. David states in Psalms 15, “LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour. In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not. He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.” (Psalms 15:1-5) I guess if we want to be saved then we must walk uprightly, work righteousness, and speak the truth in our hearts. Sounds like we better be upright!

 

Sing: With a world full of fear, many burdens to bear, let me walk in the gospel light; Till I reach heaven's shore, where we’re tempted no more, let me walk in the gospel light.

Let me walk in the light, in the great gospel light.  Let me walk in the gospel light; till my journey is over, and I travel no more, let me walk in the gospel light.

 

Thought For Today: “A man of understanding walketh uprightly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment