Monday, May 2, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 May 2022

 Abiding In Christ

 

“Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” (John 15:4-7)

 

Today’s Morsel: Jesus said that if we abide in Him and His word abides in us, we can ask what we will and it shall be done unto us (vs 7). So, are you abiding in Him? What does it mean to abide in Him? It means that we must remain united to Him by faith at all costs. We must live a life of dependence on Him, obey His doctrines, imitate His example, and constantly exercise our faith and trust in Him. Again, John states, “He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.” (1 John 2:6) If we say that we abide in Him then we ought to live and act as He did. If we are one with Him or profess to be united to Him, we ought to imitate Him in all things. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.(Romans 8:1)

 

Sing: Abiding in the vine, abiding in the vine; love, joy, health, peace, He has made them mine.  I have prosperity, power, and victory.  Abiding, abiding, in the vine.

 

Thought For Today: Are you walking as He walked?

No comments:

Post a Comment