Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 April 2022

Prayerfulness

“Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray. My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.” (Psalms 5:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel: What better voice for God to hear in the morning than yours. Just think, Jesus knows your voice.  And I don’t think that anything could make Him happier than for His children to rise up early and to give Him thanks and praise for all that He has done and is doing for them. The Psalmist said, “My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee and will look up.” Because Daniel had built a life of prayerfulness, his voice was heard when he prayed.  The angel Gabriel told him, “Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.” (Daniel 10:12) On account of thy prayers I am sent to comfort and instruct thee. His prayers were heard, and an answer ordered to be given, the very first day he began to pray and fast and mourn, though it was now full three weeks later; just as at the beginning of his former prayersGod had given Gabriel a commandment to go and show him that they were heard. Old prayers never die. Are you directing your prayers in the morning? Let Him hear your voice the first thing in the morning.


Sing: Whisper a prayer in the morning, whisper a prayer at noon, whisper a prayer in the evening, so keep your heart in tune.


Thought For Today: Old prayers never die 

No comments:

Post a Comment