Monday, May 8, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 May 2023

The Lord Is on My Side

“The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?” (Psalms 118:6)

Today’s Morsel: The Psalmist lets us know that we have nothing to be afraid of, nor anything to fear because the Lord is on our side. As Moses told the children of Israel, the Lord is with thee where so ever thou mightiest go. The Lord will not leave thee nor forsake thee.  What can man do to you? What can any person do to you? They can do no more than God permits them to do. (Read the story of Job.) They cannot destroy us when God means to save us. They cannot defeat us when God attends for us to win. We are safe in God. We are more than conquerors. Again, the psalmist states: “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.” (Psalms 91:1-4).  “I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.” (Psalms 118:17) We must realize that with God on our side there is no chance of the enemy defeating and harming us. As Paul says: “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31) Keep holding to God’s unchanging hand and you will remain safe on His side. 

Sing: Tell me whose side are you leaning on? Leaning on the Lord’s side. Tell me whose side are you leaning on? I’m leaning on the Lord's side. I lean, I lean, I lean, I lean; leaning on the Lord’s side. I lean, I lean, I lean, I lean, leaning, on the Lord’s side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment