Friday, May 5, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 May 2023

Prayerfulness

“Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray. My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.” (Psalms 5:1-3)

Today’s Morsel: What do you think caused Daniel to get into a habit of praying three times a day. One thing I realize, being stationed in the Middle East, is that Muslims will pray three times a day. I have seen them drop in the airports and pray. Many airports in the world now have prayer rooms set aside for Muslims to go into to pray. When I once took Biman Airlines to Bangladesh to minister, before that plane backed away from the gate in Thailand, over the PA system they began to pray. Everyone on that airline was so kind and considerate of others it seemed after prayer. The attendant even offered me two meals for lunch if I wanted them. I thought to myself, ‘Wouldn’t it be wonderful if American Airlines would pray over their speaker system before takeoff?’  Maybe there would be less fighting and anger among passengers. Do you pray before you head off to work? Do you pray for others that you work with? Do you pray for your children before you send them off to school? We must be prayerful. David stated that God would hear his voice in the morning. And in the morning, he would direct his prayer to God. What time does God hear your voice in the morning? Is it with a prayer of thanksgiving for others and yourself? James said that the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.  Let’s make prayer a habit in our lives.

Sing: Hear my cry O’ God, attend unto my prayer. From the ends of the earth will I cry unto Thee; and when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I, so much higher than I.


No comments:

Post a Comment