Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 May 2023

Joy Is A Choice

“Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.” (Psalms 16:11)

Today’s Morsel: The word joy refers to the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune, and is typically associated with feelings of intense, long-lasting happiness.  But if we are not careful, we can make joy a choice when it ought to be a way of life. Joy came with the Holy Ghost when we were born-again. Isaiah states that with joy we can draw waters out of the wells of salvation. David said that in His presence is fullness of joy. If we stay in God’s presence, our joy should remain complete.  As Christians, our lives ought to never be depleted or lacking anything that came with the Holy Ghost. These things, which we call the fruit of the Spirit, ought to be evident to others when they see us. Don’t make love, joy, peace, and these things, a choice. Make them a way of life.

Sing: I get joy when I think about, what He’s done for me.  I get joy when I think about, what He’s done for me. I get joy when I think about, what He’s done for me, I get joy, joy, joy, joy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment