Thursday, May 4, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 4 May 2023

Restoration Ought To Be Our Goal

“Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.” (Galatians 6:1-3)

Today’s Morsel: One of the major goals of the gospel is not only salvation, but also restoration. There are many lives that are out of course that need restoration.  Paul said that if we see a brother or sister overtaken in a fault, that we which are spiritual ought to do everything that we can to restore them. You see, the enemy of our soul is trying to turn our lives upside down. When we see men and women standing on the corner seeking handouts, the drug abusers on the street strung out on drugs, the alcoholic, and the parents who keep yelling after their children, these are all signs of those who need to be restored. There are many veterans, first responders, doctors, teachers, and children who are suffering from PTSD that need to be restored. And our goal ought to be to help them be restored back to Christ. Restored back to The One who can bring them back into alignment with His purpose for their lives and His. Remember, you were saved so that you could help restore others. As Jude says: “And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.” (Jude 1:22-23)

Sing:  I’m the man on the streets holding the sign, I know what it says but look in my eyes, I need more than money. I am the mother of three, I know how it looks, but please don’t condemn me, I need you to reach me, will you pray for me, will you speak to me? Be moved by compassion for me?  

Help me I’m falling, does anybody hear me calling out? I’m calling out for help.  I’m in too deep to save myself for I’d save myself for I need someone to help me. 

I’m the lawyer you met in the coffee shop, I know I seem fine but really, I’m not, my life is crashing. I’m the city you drive through on your way to work, can’t you hear my streets crying? Full of pain and hurt send me a preacher, will you reach to me? Please preach to me, there’s not much time.

Help me I’m falling, does anybody hear me calling out? I’m calling out for help.  I’m in too deep to save myself, for I’d save myself for I need someone to help me.


No comments:

Post a Comment