Friday, May 19, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 May 2023

Who Told You?

“And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?” (Genesis 3:9-11)

Today’s Morsel: Prior to my coming into the church, my wife and I would have conversations at night about scripture, and I would ask her questions about truth and the church. But because she was a new convert, she did not yet know the answers. She would say to me, talk to the pastor. But I was reluctant. And I would say, no way am I going to do that. Well, as soon as we got to church the next night and the pastor started to preach, he would preach on the questions that I was asking my wife. I assumed that she was telling the pastor what we had talked about.  But after my salvation, I learned that this was not the case, but it was God answering my questions through the man of God. When Adam and Eve ate of the forbidden fruit, they realized that they were naked. When God called for them, as He had before, they hid themselves from Him.  Adam told God that they were naked, and they hid themselves. To which God asked, “Who told you that you were naked?” You know, many people give up on their dreams and goals, because they often listen to others, or the voice of the devil telling them that they cannot, nor will they ever be able to meet their desires in life. If God doesn’t say that you can’t, then there is a very strong possibility that you can meet your desires. Paul said that he could do all things through Christ. And so can you. Let me encourage you. Don’t listen to naysayers. Success has ‘u’ in it.  Just keep listening to the Lord and following His voice.

Sing: I am promise, I am a possibility, I am a promise, with a capital P, I am a great big bundle of potentiality. And I am learning to hear God's voice, and I am trying to make the right choice. I am a promise to be anything He wants me to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment