Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 31 May 2023

An Inside View

“Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalms 139:23-24)

Today’s Morsel: Do you ever wonder how a radiologist knows what he is reading when they review your X-rays?  How do they know that what they see is cancer or a tumor? How does a doctor know that your kidneys are failing you? How do they know that you have vertigo, high blood pressure, or some other disease? Why does man listen to doctors about their physical health, but will not listen to their pastor about the state of their spiritual health? Are you aware that Jesus is the greatest physician there ever was and will be? He can see inside of you without an X-ray machine. I the Lord search the heart and try the reins, He said. The Psalmist pleaded for God to know his heart, to try him, to know his thoughts, and to see if there was any wicked way in him. He knew that he could not see inside himself and there was a strong feeling inside of him that things could be wrong and could cause him to do wrong or fail. Doctors are good based on what they have studied and learned. But always remember, they are called practitioners, they are not God. They are practicing, but God knows all things.  

Sing: Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise, for it was grace, that brought my liberty. I do not know, just why He came to love me so, He looked beyond my faults and saw my need. I shall forever lift my eyes to Calvary, to view the cross where Jesus died for me. How marvelous, the grace that caught my falling soul.  He looked beyond my faults and saw my need.


No comments:

Post a Comment