Saturday, May 6, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 6 May 2023

What Is God To You?

“The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.” (Psalms 18:2-3)

Today’s Morsel: If someone were to ask you why you serve the Lord, what would be your answer? I have come to realize that if you were to ask people this question, some cannot answer it. I find that many Christians when you asked them a question like this, they immediately either think that there is a catch, or you may be questioning their walk with God. I’m sure the disciples may have felt the same way when Jesus turned and asked them who did they think that He was one day.  Or maybe Peter thought that Jesus was kidding when He asked him three times if he loved Him? Jesus even asked the religious leaders, ‘What think ye of Christ, whose son is he?” There are just so many questions that Jesus posed, that some even got angry with him. Questions such as ‘What does Jesus mean to you’ ought not to anger you, rather you should be excited that someone notices that you are a Christian. And that you get to share why you love and serve Him.

Sing: He is my everything, He is my all. He is my everything, both great and small.  He gave his life for me, made everything new.  He is my everything, oh how about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment