Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 10 May 2023

Vivify

“This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.” (Psalms 119:50)

Today’s Morsel: The word vivify means to endow with life or renew life. Jesus said, “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10) We needed newness of life. When we are in our affliction; suffering, sickness, disease, difficulties, and problems we need to be revived. And this is where God’s word comes in. When we quote the word of God to ourselves it gives us life. As John said: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.” (John 1:1-4) The writer of Hebrews tells us: “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12) God’s word knows where the problem is, and it serves as an antidote to bring about healing and life. Don’t sit back and wait for the doctors to dope you up, have a little honey for what ails you. “How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” (Psalms 119:103)

Sing: There’s honey in the Rock for me, there’s honey in the Rock of me, there’s honey, honey, honey, there’s honey in the Rock for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment