Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 17 May 2023

Hold On To Your First Victory

“And David took the head of the Philistine, and brought it to Jerusalem; but he put his armour in his tent.” (1 Samuel 17:54)

Today’s Morsel: What was the first victory that God performed through you over your enemy after you were anointed with the Holy Ghost? Scripture tells us that David took Goliath’s armor and put it in his tent. His sword, his helmet, his shield, his buckler, and his breastplate, were all kept by David. And we see that years later when Saul wanted to kill David, David found himself without a weapon, but when he inquired of the priest for a sword, he is told that the only one available was the one that he killed Goliath with (1 Samuel 21:9). You must never forget what God has done through you to defeat your enemy. More than likely, you will need it again. Let me encourage you, go back and reminisce on that first victory that God did for you over your enemy, and never forget it. Because some day, when the enemy is attacking you, and you are picking low cotton, you are going to need to recall it, so, that you will be encouraged and able to build yourself up again in the Lord.

Sing: When I look back over my life, and I think things over, I can truly say, that I’ve been blessed, I’ve got a testimony.


No comments:

Post a Comment