Friday, May 26, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 May 2023

Dark Days

“When I looked for good, then evil came unto me: and when I waited for light, there came darkness.”
(Job 30:26)

Today’s Morsel: I have always liked reading the book of Job. To me, the story of Job presents faith in a way that other stories in the Bible may not present it. The story of Job, to me, shows that bad things do sometimes happen to good people. It shows us that even though you are a Christian, by all accounts of Job's life, Satan desires to destroy you. It also shows us that there are things happening in the spiritual realm that we cannot see. Thus, we must walk by faith and not by sight. We know that Job loses everything but his wife and a few servants on day one of his attack.  A few days later his health is attacked, and his wife offers him a way out. Curse God and die. A few days later, his three closest friends come to see about him, and after seven days, they accuse him of sinning. So, stop and think about that for a moment. How do you think that you would have handled this situation? Job lets us know that there very well could be some dark days in our lives. There may be some days that you seek for good and only find evil. There may be some days that you wait for light and there is only darkness. There may be some days that a little ray of hope or words of encouragement would fit you just fine, and they don’t come. We could sit back and say old poor Job. But what sustained Job? It was his faith in God. Job said: “For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.” (Job 14:7-9) Do you know what Job is saying here? I believe, that he is saying that even though it seems as though life is gone from you, there is still hope for newness of life if you can get the scent of living water.  To me, Job is saying no matter how dark things may seem, and it may even seem that life may seem lost, yet Jesus Christ is still the life and the light. He said, “Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.” (Job 23:8-10) Don’t ever think that Jesus doesn’t know where you are and what you are going through. He’s already promised you that He will not leave you nor forsake you. 

Sing: For the God on the mountain, is still God in the valley, when things go wrong, He’ll make them right.  And the God of the good times, is still God in the bad times, and the God of the day, is still God in the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment