Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 May 2023

How’s Your Soul?

“O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee: Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry; For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave.” (Psalms 88:1-3)

Today’s Morsel: I don’t think that there is a day that goes by that I don’t hear of bad news.  Sometimes I want to sing with those guys on HEE HAW that sang, “Gloom, despair, and agony on me.”  You know this flesh is going to fail us and even fade away. That is why it is of utmost importance that our soul is well fed and maintained.  Many people suffer from depression, pain, agony, discomfort, and even hopelessness, sadness, and unhappiness. But if they would ensure that their soul is maintained, they could retain their joy and peace no matter what comes their way. The psalms state, “For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave.” Yes, many things will come against us, and the enemy will do his very best to discourage our soul. This is one of the reasons that you must be proactive as a child of God. You must not be reactive. You cannot wait until you are attacked to praise God and seek Him for help. You must make it a habit of always praising Him, reading your Bible, and attending church, so that your soul will be well maintained and ready for any attack. Be like David when he said: “I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.” (Psalms 34:1-3) Don’t let your soul grow dry and become weary.

Sing: My soul says yes, to the Lord, my soul says yes, to Lord, for He’s a great King, He’s doing great things.  My soul says yes, yes, yes, to the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment