Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 30 May 2023

The Remedy For Conceit

“Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.” (Proverbs 26:4-5)

Today’s Morsel: Have you noticed as I have, that folks today seem more conceited than ever before? Or should I say that the world is being filled with Narcissists?  Narcissism seems to be running rampant these days. It’s all about one’s own self-interest. Some folks are so conceited that they don’t think anyone will refuse them. Some have forgotten the Golden Rule. They have forgotten the Ten Commandments. They have forgotten what Jesus did for them at Calvary, or they completely shrug it off. They have forgotten what it means to be compassionate, loving, merciful, and caring. They have fallen in love with the Burger King motto. They now want it their way and they will not accept any other way. And sad to say, they want you to agree with them in their foolishness and evil ways; and if you do not, you are accused of being a racist, homophobe, bigot, or conservative, who hates others. Solomon says, “Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.” (Proverbs 26:4-5) Notice what he says here. He says do not lower yourself by disputing or arguing with a fool or he will think that he has gotten the best of you, and you will take the chance of becoming like him. So, don’t answer him according to his foolishness or you will seem as he is, a fool. You answer him according to his foolishness with truth and wisdom so he will hopefully wake up and see his stupidity and change his life for the good. Truth and wisdom is always the remedy for conceitism (my word). 

Sing: Change my heart O’ God, make it ever true, change my heart O’ God may I be like You. You are the Potter, I am the clay, mold me and make me, this is what I pray.   Change my heart O’ God, make it ever true, change my heart O’ God may I be like You.


1 comment:

  1. Wisdom overload!
    I have been noticing this for years and thank God for this Bible answer.

    ReplyDelete