Saturday, May 27, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 27 May 2023

Abiding In Christ

“Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” (John 15:4-7)

Today’s Morsel: What do you do to abide in Christ? Do you read and study your Bible daily? Do you participate in Bible studies, church attendance, and witnessing? Do you search and study the scriptures daily to see if those things that you are hearing across the pulpit and social media are true? Jesus states that if we do not abide in Him then we become as a branch that is cut-off, cast to the ground, is withered, and then cast into the fire. The analogy He gives is that of a horticulturist or farmer, who prunes his grape vines or fruit trees. The excess branches are usually burned once they fall off or are cut off by them. The branches die and they are put into the fire for burning. The metaphor also shows us that if we do not remain connected to Him, we too are going to be cast into the fire of hell and burned. Are you staying connected. Have you considered eternity lately?   

Sing: Hold to God’s unchanging hand, Hold to God’s unchanging hand; Build your hopes on things eternal.  Hold to God’s unchanging hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment