Thursday, September 1, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 1 September 2022

 First Things First

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity. I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
(1 Timothy 2:1-8)

 

Today’s Morsel: How do you start your day? Is prayer the first thing on your radar? If prayer isn’t priority number one, you may run into situations and issues that you are not prepared to deal with. But if we start our day with prayer, we can ask God for His wisdom, protection, and guidance to help us with anything we may encounter during our day. You may start your day by saying, “Well, I don’t have time to pray.” But ask yourself, what is more important than a few moments with God?  Jesus said, “Without me, you can do nothing.” I have learned that I can handle any situations and disagreements that come my way during the day if I start my day with prayer. But if I don’t pray, when situations and disappointments come, I find myself upset, even more disappointed, and sometimes angry. We must heed Paul’s advice to Timothy: I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.”  Start every day with prayer and it will be a better day.  

 

Sing: I once was lost in sin, but Jesus took me in, and then a little light from heaven filled my soul.  He bathed my heart in love and wrote my name above, and just a little talk with Jesus made me whole.

Let us have a little talk with Jesus, tell Him all about our troubles, He will hear our faintest cry, He will answer by and by.  When you feel a little prayer wheel turning, you’ll know a little fire is burning, you will find a little talk with Jesus makes it right.

 

Thought For Today: “And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint…” (Luke 18:1)

1 comment:

  1. "That we" informs us how to make proper investments. Great teaching!

    ReplyDelete