Monday, September 26, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 September 2022

 We’ve Always Done It This Way!

 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.(Isaiah 43:18-19)

 

Today’s Morsel: When I transitioned from the Infantry side of the house, into the Quartermaster side of the house in the army, one day my soldiers were outside cleaning their equipment. By what they were doing, I could tell that there was a much easier way to do it. So, when I asked them why they were doing it that way, they said to me, “This is how we have always done it.” I said to them, not anymore you aren’t. And I proceeded to show them how to do it in a different way that was much easier and less time-consuming.  People go to work every day and are bored out of their minds because they keep doing the same thing, the same way, over and over expecting to get different results.  When is the last time you tried something new?  The disciples were so used to fishing one way that when Jesus told them to cast their nets on the other side, they were surprised at the number of fish that they caught. If your church isn’t growing, you might want to try something new. If you only have one service, maybe an evening service instead of a morning service would get you different results. Or instead of a Wednesday night, maybe a Tuesday or Thursday night. Try something new. Even the Lord told the Prophet that he was going to do something new. Just because that’s the way it has always been done doesn’t mean that there isn’t another way.

 

Sing: I’m trading my sorrows, I’m trading my shame, I’m laying them down for the joy of the Lord. I’m trading my sickness, I’m trading my pain, I’m laying them down for the joy of the Lord.

And I’ll say, yes Lord, yes, Lord, yes, yes, Lord, yes Lord, yes, Lord, yes, yes, Lord Amen!

 

Thought For Today: If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

No comments:

Post a Comment