Monday, September 12, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 September 2022

 Watchfulness

“And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.” (2 John 1:6-8)

 

Today’s Morsel: Jesus told us that three things would happen before his return. 

  • The first was deception. “And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.” (Matthew 24:4-5) 
  • The second, there will be fear upon the earth. And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.(Luke 21:25-26) 
  • And the third would be a  faithless generation. “I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8)
John calls for us to be watchful so that we do not lose those things for which we have worked, but that we may receive a full reward. The enemy is doing everything in his power to cause us to be deceived, to fear, and be faithless. Let me encourage you to remain watchful until the end so that you do not lose your crown.

Sing: I’m going through, yes, I’m going through, I’ll pay the price, no matter what others do. I’ll take the way of the Lord’s despised few, I started out with Jesus and I’m going through.

 

Thought For Today:Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.(1 Corinthians 16:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment