Friday, September 2, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 September 2022

 You Are Not Alone

“At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
(2 Timothy 4:16-18)

 

Today’s Morsel: Throughout Scripture, we find that God has promised to never leave us, nor forsake us. We find that He encourages us that He will hold our hand, lead us, and give us assurance of His presence.  David states: “When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.” (Psalms 27:10)  Sometimes you may feel as though you are all alone, but that thought is coming from the enemy of your soul. He wants you to think that there is no one there for you. But again, scripture lets us know that God is a very present help in times of trouble. Again, David encourages: “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most-High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty… For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.(Psalms 91:1,11) Paul felt that all had forsaken him and that no man stood with him. But He realized that when everyone else had forsaken him, Jesus stood with him and strengthened him. Somewhere in your walk with God, you must get to the point that you trust and believe the scriptures and settle it in your mind that you know that Jesus is right there with you. As Job said: “But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.” (Job 23:10)  You are never alone, Jesus is always with you.  

 

Sing: Standing on the promises of Christ my King, through eternal ages let His praise ring; glory in the Highest I will shout and sing, standing on the promises of God.

Standing! Standing! Standing on the promises of Christ my Savior.  Standing! Standing! Standing on the promises of God.

 

Thought For Today: You can depend on God!

No comments:

Post a Comment