Monday, September 19, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 September 2022

 Life

“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
(John 10:10)

 

Today’s Morsel: How do you see life? Do you see it as boring, mundane, dull, and full of trials and hardships? Why is it that one person sees life that way while others see it as being filled with joy and excitement? Why is it that one Christian sees attending church as exciting, while others see it as burdensome? If we as Christians do not see life as exciting and filled with abundant blessings, we may want to stop and observe what we are doing, who we are listening to, and what Bible we are reading.  Jesus said, The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. If you don’t feel as though you are living, listen to what David said: What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.(Psalms 34:12-14) If you don’t feel that you are having an abundant life, go after it. Stop sitting there waiting for it to come to you. “Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” (Psalms 42:11)  He came that we may have life, and that more abundant.  

 

Sing: I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart, I will enter His courts with praise, I will say that this is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice for He has made me glad. He has made me glad, he has made me glad, I will rejoice for He has made me glad. He has made me glad, He has made me glad, I will rejoice cause He has made me glad.

 

This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made.  I will rejoice, I will rejoice, and be glad in it, and be glad in it. This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it.  This is day, this is the day that the Lord has made.

 

Thought For Today: “Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.” (Philippians 4:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment