Thursday, September 29, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 September 2022

 Living In The Past or Living For The Future

“That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
 (Philippians 3:10-14)

 

Today’s Morsel: Have you ever stopped and asked yourself where you are in your walk with Christ? Do you ever consider what it is that causes people who have tasted the sweet anointing of the Holy Ghost, the love and mercy of God, to leave the church and return to the world as a dog returns to his vomit and a hog to the mire? Why do folks not want to leave the past? Jesus said because they are used to it. (My wording) “No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.” (Luke 5:39) Some folks desire to remain in the past for fear of what is ahead.  The children of Israel had never been to Canaan. They only knew Egypt. And so to go to a new location without anything but the clothes on their back was somewhat fearful. This is one of the reasons why we must learn to walk by faith and not by sight. If you desire to see what God has for you in the next chapter of your life, then you must let go of the past and press on for the prize that is set before you in the future.

 

Sing: I’m going to a city, there'll be no more night, I’m going to a city where Jesus is the light.  The trumpet's gonna sound, and I’ll be called away; I’m going to a city someday.

 

Thought For Today: Do you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment