Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 27 September 2022

 Be True To Yourself

“Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.” (James 4:17)

 

Today’s Morsel: Are you true to yourself? One of the worst people you can lie to is yourself. Folks spend millions of dollars on makeup, clothing, body piercing, tattoos, hairdos, shoes, and equipment, trying to be like someone else.  Just be true to yourself. The Lord asked the prophet, “Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.” (Jeremiah 13:23) This is what James is trying to get us to see, if we know to do good and don’t, it only hurts us. You will never be like others, not unless you want to be a fool.  To be true to yourself is to see yourself as God made you, and to live your life to please Christ and not someone else. When you decide to be who God made you to be, and live the way He made you to be, you will see how beautiful life really is.

 

Sing: I’m yours Lord, everything I am, everything I’m not everything I’ve got; I’m yours Lord, try me now and see, see if I can be completely yours.

 

Thought For Today: “Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.” (Jeremiah 13:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment