Saturday, September 10, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 10 September 2022

 The True God and Eternal Life


“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
(1 John 5:20)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the greatest mysteries in the Bible is understanding who Jesus was. When Jesus asked His disciples, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man am?”, it took them by surprise because they really did want to know the same as others. Even today many are confused by this same question. Paul lets us know that it is a mystery. And Jesus said that the only way we are going to know who He is is if He reveals it to us. All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.(Luke 10:22) When Philip asks Jesus, “Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?(John 14:8-9) He revealed it to him. And therefore, the disciples were sure as to who Christ was. The salvation purchased by Christ, and given to those who believe in Him is called life. And if we stay faithful until the end, it will become eternal life. Paul informs us as to who Jesus was: “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” (1 Timothy 3:16) Who do you say that He is?

 

Sing: It is Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, sweetest name I know, fills my every longing; keeps me singing as I go.

 

Thought For Today: “Then said they unto him, where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.” (John 8:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment