Thursday, September 15, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 15 September 2022

 The First and The Last


“I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.”
(Revelation 1:10-11)

 

Today’s Morsel: John said that he was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day. When you go to church are you in the Spirit or in the flesh? Some folks are in the flesh and hear nothing. Those that are in the Spirit should be able to hear the voice of the Lord. John said that he heard a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying, "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia. Jesus Christ is the first and He is the last."  The Prophet Isaiah declared: “Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.” (Isaiah 44:6-7) John declared: “That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.” (1 John 1:1-3) And Jesus Himself declared: “Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.” (John 13:13)  The apostle Paul states: “Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.” (Colossians 1:12-18) Who do you say that Jesus Christ is? Stay in the Spirit and you will receive clear revelation.  He is the first and He is the last.  There is no other God.  


Sing: We shall see the King, we shall see the King, we shall see the King when He comes.  He’s coming in His power, we'll hail the blessed hour, we shall see the King when He comes.


Thought For Today: “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.”  (Isaiah 43:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment