Thursday, September 22, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 September 2022

 Truth

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.(John 14:1-6)

 

Today’s Morsel: Without knowledge of the way, we can’t go. Without an understanding of truth, we can’t know. And without life, we can’t live.  John states that Jesus Christ was full of grace and truth (John 1:14). If Jesus is the truth, and He is, then everything spoken by Him is truth. His Spirit is truth (John 16:13). His word is truth (John 17:17). He is the truth (John 14:6). And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free (John 8:32) Are you free? While others are ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth (2 Timothy 3:7); we who worship Him in Spirit and Truth (John 4:24) should be leading others into all truth and cause them to grow and increase in the gospel light and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.


Sing: Wonderful! Wonderful! Jesus is to me. Counselor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God is He. Saving me, keeping me, from all sin and shame.  Wonderful is my Redeemer, praise His name.

 

Thought For Today: “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.” (John 1:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment