Saturday, September 17, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 17 September 2022

 Moments

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” 
(1 Corinthians 15:51-58)

 

Today’s Morsel: If you have ever had an accident or hit an animal with your vehicle, you know that it seemed just like a moment out of nowhere that it happened.  How do we define a moment? We tell our kids, “Just a moment.” Someone calls us and we say, “I will be there in a moment.”  Or, we may say, “Where are my keys, I just had them a moment ago.” So how do we define a moment?  Paul said: Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” Paul defines it as an atom of time. The smallest of time.  A blink of the eye. Just like that, we die, and we are immediately in the presence of the Lord. Changed just that quickly. “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.” (2 Corinthians 5:10-11) No opportunity to say goodbyeNo opportunity to eat the last burger or steak. No opportunity to watch your team play again.  So, the question is, are you ready?

 

Sing: I want to know how it feels, to make my way down the streets of gold. I want to know how it feels to have a talk with the saints of old. I want to know what it’s like to rest my feet by the river of life. I’ve heard of heaven, and I know that it’s real.  I want to know how it feels.


Thought For Today: Don’t miss the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment