Friday, September 16, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 September 2022

 We Shall Wear A Crown

“And they made the plate of the holy crown of pure gold, and wrote upon it a writing, like to the engravings of a signet, HOLINESS TO THE LORD.”
(Exodus 39:30)

 

Today’s Morsel: “To be a king, and wear a crown, is a thing more glorious to them that see it than it is pleasant from them that bear it.” (Queen Elizabeth I).  Often when we see kings and queens, and those arrayed with crowns and with such splendor, we don’t understand the duty and role that is associated with such adornment. We just see the beauty. The same is true with leadership positions. Most only see it from their eyesight, not the person fulfilling the position.  The position holder knows what is required. We may read of Esther being crowned as queen and think of how glorious and beautiful she must have been. But Esther understood the role. As she told Mordecai: “All the king's servants, and the people of the king's provinces, do know, that whosoever, whether man or woman, shall come unto the king into the inner court, who is not called, there is one law of his to put him to death, except such to whom the king shall hold out the golden sceptre, that he may live: but I have not been called to come in unto the king these thirty days.”(Esther 4:11) She said yes, I’m queen with the crown on my head, but I just can’t go in unto the king anytime I want to.  Paul lets us know that there is a crown waiting for us, but we must endure unto the end. He stated: I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.” (2 Timothy 4:7-8) If we stay faithful to the Lord to the end, we, too, will one day wear a crown.

 

Sing: If when you give, the best of your service, telling the world that the Savior has come, be not dismayed, if friends don’t believe you, He’ll understand and say well done.


Thought For Today: “Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.” (Revelation 3:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment