Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 January 30

 My Comforter 

“This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.” (Psalms 119:50)

 

Today’s Morsel: Jesus said that He would not leave us comfortless, but that He would come to us. He said that when the comforter is come, He will lead us and guide us into all truth. The Holy Ghost is our comforter. The psalmist said that this is my comfort in my affliction ... The word of God. It will revive him and edify him. The Holy Ghost should always keep you in a state of satisfaction and contentment. Even as Paul told Timothy: “Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:6-7) If you are feeling hopeless and unfulfilled, then stir up the Holy Ghost in you, and your relief will come. 

 

Sing: Let all God’s people praise the Lord. Let all God’s people praise the Lord. Shake off those heavy bands, lift-up those holy hands, let all God people praise the Lord.

 

Thought For Today: “Have you received the Holy Ghost since you have believed?”

No comments:

Post a Comment