Monday, January 8, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 January 8

Are You Christ’s Friend?

 

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.” (John 15:13-15)

 

Today’s Morsel: They say that friends are supposed to be those you can rely on, and those who are faithful and loyal. Jesus told His disciples that they were His friends if they did what He had commanded them. First, you must realize that someone who says that they are your friend is not going to ask you to do anything that is illegal or immoral. As a friend always loves. Even when I was in the military, we had a tele-merical that said, “Friends don’t let friends drive drunk.”  A friend is going to look out for you. They have your best interest at heart. Are you Jesus’ friend? Can He depend on you to do what He has commanded you? Do you take His word to heart and obey it? Remember, you did not choose Christ, He chose you. And He wants you to have great success.

 

Sing: Who am I that You are mindful of me, that You hear me, when I call. Is it true that You are thinking of me, how You love me? It’s amazing.

I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God.  He calls me friend.  

 

Thought For Today: “Can Jesus depend on you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment