Friday, August 5, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 August 2022

 Treasures

How are the things of Esau searched out! how are his hidden things sought up! (Obadiah 1:6)

 

 Today’s Morsel: The people of Esau lived in mountains and caves. So, it would have been hard for their treasure to be exposed and seen, making it hard for robbers to locate and find them. The Lord asked, how are the things of Esau searched out! How are his hidden things sought up? How can they be found? He states through the Prophet Jeremiah: “But I have made Esau bare, I have uncovered his secret places, and he shall not be able to hide himself: his seed is spoiled, and his brethren, and his neighbours, and he is not.” (Jeremiah 49:10) We can’t hide anything that we have from God. Jesus cautions us: “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” (Matthew 6:19-21) Where are your treasures? Are they here on earth or already sent forth to heaven? If your treasures aren’t in heaven, chances are your heart won’t be either.

 

Sing: There’s a dream, that I dream, of my heavenly, heavenly home, and I know that I am going there someday, oh yeah. Every moment, night, or noon, I just don’t know how soon, that’s why I am sending up my timber, every, every, every day.  

 

Thought For Today: “Treasures of wickedness profit nothing. But righteousness delivereth from death.”(Proverbs 10:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment