Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 10 August 2022

 Don’t Stop Rejoicing

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.(Habakkuk 3:17-19)

 

Today’s Morsel: When it seems as though God doesn’t answer our prayers, we can become discouraged and stop rejoicing and praising God. The problem with this is that you don’t know if God is answering your prayers or not. God’s timeline is not our timeline. If I stop rejoicing and praising God because of what I think should happen, it may never happen. Paul told the church at Philippi: Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.(Philippians 4:4) There are always causes and matters for rejoicing in Christ, even in times of affliction, distress, and persecution; since He is always the same; His grace is always sufficient; His blood always speaks for peace and pardon; His righteousness is everlasting, and so is His salvation, and love. Habakkuk said that if nothing is going right he's still going to rejoice in the Lord. What about you? If you can't think of a reason for rejoicing, just do it because you are still alive and breathing.

 

Sing: When I think about the Lord, how He raised me, how He healed me, how He filled me with the Holy Ghost; When I think about the Lord, how He picked me up and turned me around, how He placed my feet, on solid ground; It makes me want to shout, hallelujah, thank you, Jesus, Lord Your worthy, of all of the glory, all of the honor, all of the praise. It makes me want to shout.

 

Thought For Today:Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright.(Psalms 33:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment