Friday, August 19, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 August 2022

 The Life Was Light

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.” (John 1:1-4)

 

Today’s Morsel: They say that if we do not receive light or have light, we will soon die. It has also been stated that those who live in Alaska, or some of the other northern countries are often depressed due to a lack of light. Now we may be able to understand why many in the world are often depressed and suicidal. The world is full of darkness. Jesus is not only the light of the world, but He is also the life of the world. As He said: “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of life.” (John 8:12) And He came that we might have life and that more abundantly (John 10:10). John said that in Him was life, and that life was the light of men. When we look into the word of God, we see light. And it is this light that gives us life. As Jesus told Martha, “I am the resurrection and the life.”  Moses encourages us that He is thy life (Deuteronomy 30:20) For in Him we live, and we move and have our being as we are his offspring.

 

Sing: Light of the world you stepped down into darkness, opened my eyes let me see; beauty that made this heart adore You, hope of a life spent with you. So, here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that you’re my God.  You’re altogether lovely, altogether worthy, altogether wonderful to me.

 

Thought For Today: Jesus is the light that will get you out of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment