Monday, August 22, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 August 2022

 The Gospel

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.(Romans 1:16-17)

 

Today’s Morsel: It is amazing how one word, Gospel, can change so many people’s lives. I don’t know about you, but for me, I was on the road to hell when I first heard the truth of the gospel. Yes, I went to church as a kid, but for some reason, I was still blinded to the gospel. As Paul said: “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”(2 Corinthians 4:3-4) But over 38 years ago, when I heard that the gospel reflects Jesus Christ and that the gospel could save me, deliver me, and set me free, I accepted it, and applied it to my life by repenting of my sins, was baptized in Jesus' name, and He filled me with His Spirit, and the tape was turned and I was made free. “For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?” (1 Peter 4:17) Have you obeyed the gospel?  Let me tell you, there is nothing like the Gospel to change your life forever.  

 

Sing: Let me walk in the light, it the great gospel light, let me walk in the gospel light.  Till my journey is over and I travel no more, let me walk in the gospel light.

 

Thought For Today:  Are you set for the defense of the gospel?

No comments:

Post a Comment