Thursday, August 11, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 August 2022

 Divine Favor

 “The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of my friends gave me a button to wear that says: “Jesus loves you, but I’m His favorite.” I wore it. I know that I am blessed and highly favored of the Lord, and I do not say that in a prideful or arrogant way. I find too many scriptures that tell me that God loves and cares for us; so why shouldn’t we feel special. The angel Gabriel even told Mary that she was highly favored and blessed of the Lord among women (Luke 1:28). Notice what Zephaniah says, “The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.”  If God wants to save me, rejoice over me with joy, and joy over me with singing, I am all for it and I will rest in His love.  I know I am blessed and highly favored of the Lord.  How about you?  

 

Sing: Wonderful, Wonderful, Jesus is to me.  Counselor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God is He.  Saving me, keeping me, from all sin and shame.  Wonderful is my Redeemer, praise His name.

 

Thought For Today: Let God rejoice over you with singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment