Monday, August 15, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 15 August 2022

 The Unchanging God

 “For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.” (Malachi 3:6)

 

Today’s Morsel: We read that God does not change. What does that mean? It means that He is always the same. His character, attributes, and personality are always the same. His requirements for salvation and entrance into the kingdom are the same for everyone. As He told Nicodemus, “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5) God doesn’t have a salvation plan for one denomination and one plan for another. It’s the same for everyone. Paul tells us that even if we are not faithful to God, He is still faithful to us as He cannot deny Himself. Moses wrote: “Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.” (Deuteronomy 7:9-10)  God doesn’t change, so know His requirements for your life.

 

Sing: He’s changing me, my blessed Savior, I’m not the same person that I used to be.  Well, it’s been slow going but there’s a knowing that someday perfect, I will be.

 

Thought For Today: The quicker we change the way that we think about God, the quicker we will become like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment