Saturday, August 13, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 13 August 2022

 Listen To Your Pastor

“But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear. Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the LORD of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the LORD of hosts. Therefore it is come to pass, that as he cried, and they would not hear; so they cried, and I would not hear, saith the LORD of hosts.” (Zechariah 7:11-13)

 

Today’s Morsel: As I was counseling a young man in prison once, he said to me, “Pastor, I am here because I did not listen to my pastor.  He was always telling me to obey the Word of God and to be at church, but I refused to listen.  I wanted to do things my way.  And so here is where my way got me.”  Every week pastors, evangelists, teachers, apostles, and prophets are standing in pulpits trying to get folks to heed the Word of God.  Much sweat and tears are being poured out like a man with his coat-tail on fire.  But sad to say, many are hardening their hearts and stopping their ears, and they are refusing to heed the calling of God. And the Lord says that one day they will cry, and I will not hear. The writer of Hebrews cautions us: Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, Today if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.(Hebrews 3:7-12)  Please heed the voice of your pastor, he watches for your soul. 

 

Sing: If when you give the best of your service, telling the world that the Savior has come, be not dismay, when men don’t believe you, He’ll understand and say, Well done!

 

Thought For Today:Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.(Isaiah 59:1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment