Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 30 August 2022

 Children of The Day

“But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.”
(1 Thessalonians 5:1-5)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the wonderful things about becoming a Christian is that we can see that God has brought us out of darkness to His glorious light. Things that were hidden and that we did not know are now clearly seen. Because scripture tells us that God is light (1 John 1:5), Paul said that makes us as the children of the light and of the day. We are not of the night, nor of darkness. That’s who Satan and his children are. We are children of God and enjoy both His light and life. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.(John 3:19-21) We are Christians and we belong to Him who has brought life and immortality to us by the light of His gospel.

 

Sing: Every hour of the day, keep me, dear Lord I pray, let me walk in the gospel light.  Let me hold fast to Him, so my way won’t grow dim, let me walk in the gospel light.

Let me walk in the light, in the great gospel light, let me walk in the gospel light.  Till my journey is over and I travel no more, let me walk in the gospel light.

 

Thought For Today: This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.(1 John 1:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment