Monday, May 16, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 May 2022

 A Lack of Will

And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.” (1 Chronicles 28:9)

 

Today’s Morsel: Coach Vince Lombardi stated, “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.”  Think about that for a moment. What could you really accomplish and become if you put a little bit of desire into your dream and goals? People who are successful don’t allow setbacks and obstacles to hinder them from accomplishing what they set out to do. Paul told the church at Corinth, “For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.” (2 Corinthians 8:12) When we have a willing mind to accomplish what God desires of us, it pleases him.  Jesus said that the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. It’s all about the choices and desires that we make. Success and failure are both determined by the will.

 

Sing: If I walk in the pathway of duty, if I seek for His sheep that have already gone astray; I shall see, the Great King in all is glory, o yea, oh Lord, when I have gone the last mile of the way.

O’ Lord, when I have gone, the last mile of the way, I shall rest at the close of the day, for I know there is joy awaiting there for me, O’ Lord, when I have gone, the last mile of the way.

 

Thought For Today: Success and failure are both determined by will.

No comments:

Post a Comment